2D / 3D direct rendering software
- VR-Render is a free IRCAD Image Viewer Software working on Windows, Linux and MacOS
- It allows to visualize DICOM, Jpeg, InrImage and Fits images in 2D slices (Frontal, Sagital and Axial view) or in 3D thanks to Multiplanar Rendering, MIPS and Volume rendering.
- Like all volume rendering systems, it requires a transfer function allowing to parameterize the 3D view.
- Several automatic rendering functions have been incorporated for CT-scan images in order to simplify the software use.
- VR-Render wins the first prize at the Biomedical Visualization Contest (MICCAI 2008)
VR-Render has partly been developed in the PASSPORT project, eHealth project funded by the European Commission within the ICT-2007.5.3 research area.
Documentary credits: IRCAD
Access to gallery