360-Degree Skull Base Course
Microscopic and endoscopic approaches
Join our 4-day course dedicated to microscopic and endoscopic approaches to the skull base.
It has been structured to provide didactic lectures and surgical video demonstrations all broadcasted on a 3D screen, and over 27 hours of hands-on practice on cadavers including dissection sessions covering a broad spectrum of transcranial keyhole, endoscopic, endonasal and combined approaches.
A panel of world-renowned leaders in this field of expertise will deliver lectures focusing on skull base anatomy, transcranial, endoscopic-assisted and endoscopic endonasal approaches as well as therapeutic strategies for skull base lesions.
These topics include acoustic neuroma, microvascular decompression, radiosurgery for skull base lesions, pediatric skull base neurosurgery, brainstem cavernomas, chordomas,
revascularization and reconstruction techniques.
360-Degree Skull Base Course
No more courses for this period
Sebastien Froelich (FR)
Christian Debry (FR)
- To provide an overview of the complex anatomy of the skull base
- To cover a broad spectrum of the skull base approaches and describe the technical steps of each specific approach
- To discuss indications of skull base approaches and surgical strategies
- To provide hands-on sessions on cadaveric specimens and improve skills
- To become more familiar with endoscopic endonasal approaches
- To understand the rationale and challenge of endoscopic endonasal approaches to the skull base
- To allow case discussions between experts and trainees
Practicing neurosurgeons and ENT specialists, fellows and residents in training.
- Interactive theoretical and video sessions between faculty and course participants
- Practical training on anatomical specimens
- Charge-free access to educational video resources available on WebSurg, the online university of the IRCAD
CME credits & accreditations
Resolution of conflicts of interest (COI)
The IRCAD training center has industrial and research partners (Karl Storz, Covidien/Medtronic, and Intuitive Surgical) and Course Faculty members and Healthcare professionals declare these industrial partners are never committed to the elaboration and running organization of the programs or in the choice of experts. There is neither publicity nor promotion in the form of pull-up stands or flyers during the course.
Educational sponsorship and funding
IRCAD has received financial support in the form of an unrestricted financial support. IRCAD course funding occurs via an unrestricted support from IRCAD sponsors (medical device companies). Funding is provided free of any attempt to influence the program, individual sessions, subjects for discussion, content and choice of faculty members.
Commercial names of medical devices/software/equipment may appear because they are linked to specific medical procedures, which are the focus of this training course. Other products in the market can be used to perform the aforementioned medical procedures. The IRCAD as an educational provider does not endorse any particular product.
Your course by day, the comfort and luxury in Les Haras Hotel **** by night
A place with a unique design, inspired by history and the universe of horses… Les Haras Hotel**** honors leather and wood to take its guests on a journey through time.
The Haras Brasserie offers a modern and friendly cuisine. The great classics of French cuisine are celebrated there, alongside signature dishes from Alsace or inspirations from the world over.