General conditions of sale and services
The RESEARCH INSTITUTE AGAINST DIGESTIVE CANCER (hereinafter IRCAD) offers training courses in a wide range of surgical specialties to surgeons worldwide (hereinafter “the training course(s)”). These courses are given in person at the IRCAD headquarters or online.
On-site training sessions can be accompanied by accommodation reservations at the Hotel Les Haras (or, if no room is available, at a partner hotel designated by the IRCAD).
The present general conditions of the IRCAD (hereinafter the “GC”) define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the services provided by the IRCAD.
Any registration for a training course implies unconditional acceptance of the GC by the customer.
The customer acknowledges and declares that he/she has obtained all the necessary information on the site from the IRCAD and that he/she has the full legal capacity to commit to the GC.
The customer has the option of saving and editing the GC from the website using the standard features of his/her browser or computer or requesting a hard copy upon arrival at the IRCAD.
In this text, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
An email sent by IRCAD to the customer confirming registration and receipt of payment in case of a paid training course.
A natural or legal person acting for his or her professional needs.
Any message, in the form of text, voice, sound or image, sent via a public communications network, stored on a network server or in the recipient’s terminal equipment, until the recipient retrieves it.
An electronic service operated by the IRCAD on the Internet network and accessible at:
www.ircad.fr and www.websurg.com.
3. Training courses
The list of available training on-site courses, their content, characteristics, accommodation possibilities and prices can be consulted on the IRCAD website. Registration is done online on the IRCAD Website or by sending the registration form, which can be downloaded from the IRCAD Website, by email: contact us.
The customer who has registered for an online training course also has the possibility of viewing it on demand for a period of 6 months or else according to the course, from the date of the training course.
The customer acknowledges that he/she has taken note of the nature, the destination and the reservation terms of the services available on the site and that he/she has requested and obtained the necessary and/or additional information in order to make his/her reservation in full knowledge of the facts.
The customer attests to the truthfulness and accuracy of the information provided at the time of registration.
The IRCAD reserves the right to refuse a reservation from an undisciplined or “at-risk” customer (e.g.: no-show already noted, non-payment, etc.).
4. Gift certificates
Customers may receive prepaid, non-nominative gift certificates from a third party, or purchase them online on the IRCAD website, which may be used by the holder in a single transaction when registering for a course by entering the gift certificate number in the required field. The face value of the gift certificate will be applied to the price of the selected training course(s).
At certain trade shows, conventions, seminars and conferences, the IRCAD offers gift certificates to be won in raffles that it organizes. The conditions of use of these gift certificates are mentioned on the gift certificates.
Each gift certificate must be used according to the detailed information mentioned on the gift certificate. After this period, the gift voucher will expire. Gift certificates are not cumulative unless specifically indicated on the gift certificate.
On the occasion of certain trade shows, congresses, seminars and conferences in which IRCAD participate, the IRCAD may distribute coupons to participants allowing them to pre-register for training courses at preferential rates under the conditions mentioned on said coupons. Pre-registration and payment are made with IRCAD staff using a specific webpage. The validity of the coupon is indicated on the coupon.
6. Early bird
Some training courses are sold on the IRCAD website with an Early Bird offer. This is a preferential rate for certain dates only, because the registration is done in advance and only via the IRCAD website. Early Bird offers are limited in number.
7. Price - Payment
All services are payable in Euros, all taxes included.
The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of registration and/or purchase.
Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of the invoice.
When registering for a paid training course, the customer may use a gift certificate in whole.
The full price of the training course and, if applicable, of the accommodation is due at the time of registration and is payable by credit card or by bank transfer.
The full price of gift certificates is due upon purchase online.
Discounts and promotional offers are never cumulative.
8. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation or postponement of a training course registration
Any request for cancellation or postponement of a training course registration will result in a full refund or postponement to a new training course selected by the customer if notified at least six (6) weeks prior to the start of the Training Course by e-mail: contact us. In the case where the payment of the registration to a training course has been made by means of one or several gift vouchers, only a postponement of the corresponding sum to a new training course to be held within the limit of validity of the gift voucher, is possible, excluding any refund.
- Cancellation of an Early Bird registration
Any request to cancel or postpone an Early Bird registration must be notified by e-mail: contact us.
No refund nor postponement will be possible, regardless of the date on which the registration is cancelled.
- Cancellation or modification of an accommodation service
Any request for cancellation or modification of an accommodation service will result in a full refund if it is notified at least ten (10) days before the beginning of the training course by e-mail: contact us.
Any request for cancellation of an accommodation service made less than ten (10) days before the start of the training course will result in a full refund less the cost of one night’s accommodation.
No-shows will not be reimbursed.
The cancellation or modification will be made by the IRCAD with the hotel; the customer therefore agrees not to contact the hotel.
9. Postponement, Suspension or Cancellation of a Training Course by the IRCAD
- In the case of cancellation of a training course by the IRCAD, for whatever reason, such as failure to reach the minimum number of participants, the customer will have the choice between reimbursement of the price paid, postponement of the same training course to another date or to another training course. However, in the event that it is impossible to provide an on-site training course, for whatever reason, the IRCAD will make its best efforts, within the limits of its possibilities and the constraints it will have to face, to provide online training sessions.
- Force Majeure: IRCAD will not be held responsible and no reimbursement of expenses incurred by the customers will be made in the event of postponement, suspension or cancellation of a training course due to force majeure as defined in Article 1218 of the French Civil Code. It is expressly agreed that force majeure suspends the execution of obligations for the IRCAD, and that each party bears the cost of the resulting expenses. It is expressly agreed that force majeure includes, but is not limited to
– Strike or lockout;
– Explosions, fires, floods, the direct or indirect effects of explosions, heat releases;
– Disturbances resulting from civil or foreign war, hostilities, revolutions, attacks, riots, insurrections, acts of terrorism, sabotage,
– Disturbances resulting from cataclysms, earthquakes, natural disasters, floods, lightning, aircraft crashes, or following the direct or indirect effects of explosions, heat release, irradiation from the transmission of atomic nuclei or radioactivity, likely to lead to restrictions of activities and/or movement of goods and people;
– Epidemic or pandemic declared (WHO or Ministry of Health) that lead to a restriction of movement of goods and/or persons and/or hygiene and safety measures that make it difficult to continue the training course normally;
– Difficulties and/or disruption in the supply of energy or internet connection.
The IRCAD reserves the right to modify its rates without prior notice.
Any dispute relating to the present services is subject to the sole jurisdiction of the courts of Strasbourg.
12. General provisions
- All registrations are nominative and may not be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or for a fee.
- The Customer accepts and agrees to behave in a manner consistent with good morals and public order. If this is not the case, the IRCAD may ask the Client to leave the IRCAD without any compensation or refund.
- The general ban on smoking has been in force in France since January 2, 2008 in all public places, and therefore applies to the IRCAD and in general to all its premises.
- The photographs presented on the Site/Brochures/Postings are not contractual. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphics and text reproduced to illustrate the IRCAD give as accurate an idea as possible of the services offered, variations may occur.
- Hyperlinks may lead to sites other than the IRCAD Site, which is not responsible for the content of these sites or the services offered.
- Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for any reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the registration at the Customer’s expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
14. Respect for privacy
- The customer is informed, on each of the online forms collecting personal data, of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk. Optional information requests are intended to get to know him better and improve the services offered to him.
- If information identified as mandatory is missing, the IRCAD may not be able to register a reservation and manage its complaints.
- The information processed is intended for the IRCAD, its partners and service providers, to whom the customer authorizes the communication of his/her personal data.
- Within the framework of pre-contractual measures for the reservation or the execution of the reservation contract, they may, each for what concerns them, be recipients of identity data, personal and professional data, economic and financial information, in particular for reservation and complaint management purposes, but for exclusively non-commercial purposes, of which the customer declares to be aware and to accept.
- The customer has the right to access, modify, rectify and delete data concerning him/her. To exercise this right, the Customer may contact us.
- The processing of nominative data has been declared to the National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties.
15. Evidentiary Agreement
- The entry or submission of the required banking information, as well as the acceptance of these GC and the confirmation of registration, constitutes an electronic signature which has the same value between the parties as a handwritten signature.
- The computerized records kept in the IRCAD’s computer systems will be kept under reasonable security conditions and will be considered as proof of communications, orders and payments between the parties.
- The Customer is informed that his/her IP address is recorded at the time of the reservation.
16. Dispute Resolution – Jurisdiction
- The Customer is informed by the IRCAD of the possibility of resorting, in the event of a dispute relating to these general terms and conditions, to a conventional mediation procedure or to any other alternative dispute resolution method.
- Claims relating to the non-performance or improper performance of services must, under penalty of foreclosure, be brought to the attention of the IRCAD in writing within eight days after the date of the services directly to the IRCAD: contact us.
- In the event of a persistent dispute, exclusive jurisdiction is given to the courts within the jurisdiction of the Strasbourg Judicial Court, including in summary proceedings.
17. Applicable law – Competent court
The present GC are governed by French law. Only the French language version of these GC is binding.
These GC express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
No general or specific condition communicated by the customer can be integrated into these GC.
19. Evolution/modification of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale
The GC may be modified and/or completed by the IRCAD at any time. In this case, the new version of the general terms and conditions of sale will be posted online by the IRCAD. As soon as it is posted on the Website, the new version of the Terms and Conditions will automatically apply to all Customers.
20. Useful information
- Site: https://www.ircad.fr
- Phone no.: +33 3 88 11 90 00
- Email: email@example.com
- Adress: 1 place de l’hôpital, 67100 Strasbourg Cedex